Wednesday, April 23, 2008
attachment!! ;1:30 AM
I no longer know where I'm heading...
Did I make the right choice when I decided to major in SW?
I seriously don't know...
I'm getting cold feet now
Attachment that is starting in 3 weeks time is scaring the wits out of me
People who know me well know that I have weak interpersonal skills.
Talking to strangers (and no i don't mean crapping) is something very difficult for me. (crapping is my forte because there's no right or wrong and you basically just have to shoot out rubbish which really isn't very difficult coming from me. ya.. most of you guys would know that hahax)
I've got some pretty crazy ideas these few days. Maybe I should drop my attachment module and take it next sem right. But this means later graduation if I'm unable to do my honours.
I want to do honours! not because of the better pay prospects, but because I am so not looking forward to steping into the working world.
I know my priorities are screwed up.
I have always wanted to work in a line where I can get to meet clients, where I will not have to sit around in the office the whole day. This excludes doing sales (I hate persuading people to do things that they do not want to do)
My other options:
- hospitality and management (the top of my list)
-wedding planner, you can to see people happily getting married isn't that something very happy (influence from hwee hong? lolx)
-tour guide
-social worker
-and many more that I can't rmb...
ya.. I'm pretty fickle minded. lolxx
Would I be looking forward to working life more if my career has not been set to be a social worker?
I'm starting to feel that it's a scary profession
Maybe I should have listened to advice and not be so 'ti ki' as ah yun always calls me.
Right now I feel like working as a wedding planner or dabble in hotel management.
But how long would my passion for a job last???
I'm seriously very fickle minded when it comes to choosing my careers. I have wanted to be nearly everything. From lawyers, chefs, pilot (?!!) to even a policewoman?!
I'm fickle minded in areas that I shouldn't and am stubbornly not fickle minded in areas that I should ! Net ar!! What are you doing?!!
When the only thing you can look forward to about attachment is the tons of new clothes you'll be getting there is something seriously wrong right?
Back to the basics: My initial reason for going into social work was the prospect of being to go into child abuse and serve as a linkage to bring services to people in need of them. But that seriously did not include counselling! I never thought that counselling could be so scary. More often than not during the role plays in class, I normally have nothing to say. Imagine talking to someone who has to take a full 1 minute to give a response to what you have just said!
I should have considered and gone through each of my options fully.
But on the other hand, I believe I would not have enjoyed studying any other module as much as I did for my SW modules.
I should have found out what SW, counselling in particular is about before declaring my major in SW. It's not that the SW isn't fun, instead I'm enjoying studying the SW modules. It had been a great deal of fun even with the most boring lectures.
But putting theories into practice with real lives and real people are a totally different matter from studying and learning them.
To be frank, I really really like the system linkage part in SW, but not the counselling part! (only SW students will understand this)
but counselling scares the wits totally out of me.
ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
What a long post...
oh well...I hope I don't chicken out of attachment at the last minute.
*保护你的名誉好难。。 。
i love sushi!