brushes: one
fonts: one
pic&patterns: onetwo
hosts: onetwo
base code&designer: one
blogskin best viewed in 1280x1024, Internet Explorer
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
boredddd ;5:18 PM
I just (ok.. maybe not just) realised that I like to ask stupid questions and answer in stupid ways like I just did Arghhh How am I going to survive in the working world nxt time like that???!!! Especially if I am going for hospitality and tourism which is something I really really really want to try out. But the short stinct at my temp job has convinced me that to survive in the working world especially the corporate world, wits are a personal attribute that one must have. Working is a whole new arena that is totally different from my safe, happy studying world that I have always been in. It defnately isn't just about working hard and expecting equivalent results to be harvested. It even more so applies to a sector which works with people. Talking smart and reacting fast seems to be the key to sucess. Social work although is also a people-sector, however is a whole different arena from one that deals with clients that generate money. Because the social work world that I have been exposed to deals with clients that are generally of the low-income type. Probably because of their needs and higher depency for survival on the worker, I think they probably become less demanding and you tend to put less effort in the way I present yourself to them. Buy hey! we are also professionals who have been professionally trained! Anyway, my whole point is that if I want to go into hospitality and tourism or even want to be successful in the social work field, I guess I need to be faster mentally and be smarter in talking. But I guess that can be learned along the way or not..?. I shall be undunted by challenges and make my way into the hospitality industry!!! ok.. the reason why I have been babbling so much is becasue I am very very very bored!!! There is nothing for me to do!!! No calls coming in, no clients coming in!! only people leaving the office. It is nearly 7pm by the way. I'm finishing at 7.30pm. Weehee!! I can't watch videos here either... But the people here are seriously very hard working. There are still people slogging inside the office now. I guess that's the price one pays for a high pay. Or they may just enjoy their work a lot??Hope it's the latter. life only becomes meaningful when you enjoy what you do. At least that's what I think. I think it's starting to seem as if I'm writing a 10 page essay. wahahha
~signing off (hope no one calls for the big shots)