brushes: one
fonts: one
pic&patterns: onetwo
hosts: onetwo
base code&designer: one
blogskin best viewed in 1280x1024, Internet Explorer
Sunday, August 17, 2008
;4:08 PM
been having weird dreams Suddenly I don't know if I have made the right choice in social work. Social workers deal with pain and grieve. I don't know if I can take it without falling apart myself. In the name of professionalism, we have to be the rational one. We make plans, and follow our plans and make changes when necessary. But when faced with pain? can we still think rationally? suddenly i'm afraid of pain, even if it's not mine. but the effect it can have on you. As we get busier in life, some things get forgotten, but when it decides to haunt you it's like a punch in the face.
I guess as we grow older we gain strength and power that we didn't use to have. We overcome weaknesses that we couldn't overcome.
*edit* now that I'm much more rationale and not so emotion spurred, I guess I can make more rationale comments. lolx My friend had this client that cried for nearly 2 hours during a session and my friend just stayed beside her. I seriously wouldn't know what to do. I could have put on the professional hat and stay clam (i guess) but my insides would be all topsy turvy. I wouldn't be able to think about how the direction of how the session should go etc etc. There was once where I got so excited by a piece of good news my client brought me that I guess I got a bit off track. Things got a bit way over my head. I think I am seriously a very emotional person. I also hate covering up emotions. I guess this isn't going to be easy.
Ohya. I'm looking for old APSS/ s27 pics! nudge me on msn if u have them k! hehe