<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5684853102173503324?origin\x3dhttp://lynettelogy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://beta.blogger.com/navbar.g?blogID=8387045" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>

Welcome!
My bloggy! LYNETTELOGY

Girl
LYNETTE
NUS-FASS Social Work
Loves
♥Japanese food <3
~Dear Dear & friends!(:
~Her Family (:
~SS501

wishes
i wish to have
Wishes
- Good Grades! (:
- $$$ (:
- Every1 to be by her side 4ever! (:

tags


friends
  • JoJo
  • Xinni
  • Yiwen
  • A Verlyn
  • Joy
  • Esther
  • SiYing
  • HuiYing
  • Lawsonn
  • Kim
  • Duck
  • Weini
  • Yisan
  • Er Gu
  • Pek

  • past
    January 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    August 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    April 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    August 2010
    January 2011
    February 2012

    credits
    brushes: one
    fonts: one
    pic&patterns: one two
    hosts: one two
    base code&designer: one
    blogskin best viewed in 1280x1024, Internet Explorer
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010
    1/3 of my life ;9:42 PM
    I was asked by my dear/head of outreach to prepare my CV. and yes, after some google research i've finally realized the difference between a resume and CV. haha
    In order to do my CV (arghh, cannot rmb everything already la!) i had to go through my YCK/SR file. and... nostalgia!

    YCKSS was chosen by my mum based purely on it's distance from my home. For my YCK days, i guess the happy memories only began in the last 2 years of my secondary education. Sec 1 was a very tough transition period especially when you already had the habit of playing truant. I made a decision that nearly changed the entire course of my life, determining whether I would be selling fries in Mac Donalds now or writing reports in NUS now. I guess it would be correct to say that my maturity level really falls behind my chronological age. haha. With only the short-term benefits in mind, I decided that it was time to carve out a career of my own at er humm.. MacDonalds. Looking back, what a 'great' career path that was huh.. Now, I'm pretty glad that 'feasible' plan as it seemed back than didn't materialize because working at Macs certainly wouldn't give the current me the kind of mental stimulation and meaningfulness that I need. But oh, it would certainly satisfy the level of physical stimulation (if not more) that I want. I practically wasted and barely scarped through sec 1. That was the 2nd time I got into contact with the social services sector, a sector I would have never imagines myself getting prepared to enter 5 years later. By the end of sec 1, I found a new goal - I wanted to qualify for the Pure science class by the end of sec 2. I think that was when my dad sighed his first sigh of relief about his oldest daughter.
    It was in sec 3 that I got to know the current APSS gang. and our friendship is still going on strong till today. The last 2 years of my sec sch years brings back very fond memories. Back then our favorite birthday activity involved flour and water. haha. Tan Yangu became my laogong, Pek my shifu and eng seng my son. haha.

    Unlike most of peers, SR was my first choice during the balloting exercise or whatever that exercise was called. and it was a very very last min decision to place my first 3 months into SR. During sec 4, I had set my heart on entering YJC, but as silly as it may sound, peer influence worked it's magic which resulted in a last min change of heart to get enrolled in SR. I think that was one of the best decisions in life. During the 1st 3 months, I learnt how to make friends. yes!! how to be thick-skin and make conversation with people who are total strangers. That made the second start of school in march a much smoother transition for me.

    Back then i certainly wasn't thankful or appreciated being dragged to East Coast park at 7am in the morning to build sandcastles for charity in august where A levels were a mere 2 months away, or having to go sing songs on a day called 'graduation day' where we weren't even sure whether we would be able to graduate in the same year. haha. But yet those are the events that I have the most pics of.. actually i kinda wished cameras were more affordable and common then. Then i could have more pics!! i love collecting pics! haha

    and you know what? I would still recommend SRJC as a good place to go to for one's A levels despite it being 2nd last or last in the JC rankings (hopefully it has improved by now? haha) A levels could be described as a horror film especially to make someone as fidgety as me to sit down and study. That was torture. But yet it left me with the deepest and one of the most precious memories. It was touching to have teachers who cared so much that they scolded us and teachers who tried to catch the sneaky students (yes us haha!) escaping from GP lectures.

    The kind of memories that doing a CV brings back.. it's amazing how life unfolds isn't it? and it never fails to bring a smile thinking of those memories. =)


    i love sushi!