Sunday, May 2, 2010
;11:58 PM
I apologize for being so grumpy and naggy on my blog these days, but it's exam period so i'm naturally grumpy hahha. to top it off, having 4 papers down means i have more time and energy to be grumpy, and blogging is definitely more interesting than studying. hahaha! ok. I really HATE studying. yes HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE, but I like the learning part of this whole spend-a-few-grand-for-a-piece-of-paper (that isn't even laminated) process. Studying is hateful because it comes with the pressure of whether i'm able to remember everything and whether i'll be able to retrieve the correct info from whichever brain cell is holding those information at the right time, at the right question. Learning is entirely different, and can be fascinating especially when novel ideas are introduced into my pea sized brain.
As with nearly every exam, I look for a theme song of the sem. haha here's the song for this sem!
Take me to your heart by MLTR
To my dear books,
Hiding from the rain and sun
Trying to remember so I won't let go
Looking at an Econs book
Listening to all the webcasts
So many books lying around the table
Tell me where do I find what is important
[Chorus]
Take me to your heart take me to your soul
Give me your contents before exams
Show me what is Econs - haven't got a clue
Show me that these can be easy
They say nothing lasts forever
Exams're only here today
It is now or never
Bring me to my A
Take me to your heart take me to your soul
Give me your knowledge and help me
Show me what Soci is - be my guiding star
It's easy, take me to your heart
A mountain high of many books
Looking at the books through my sleepy eyes
I should go to lala land
But the exams won't let me go
Don't need too much talking without saying anything
All I need is a book that makes me not wanna sleep
[Chorus]
from wikipedia:
Elitism is the belief or attitude that some individuals, who supposedly form an elite — a select group of people with, intellect, wealth, specialized training or experience, or other distinctive attributes — are those whose views on a matter are to be taken the most seriously or carry the most weight or those who view their own views as so; whose views and/or actions are most likely to be constructive to society as a whole; or whose extraordinary skills, abilities or wisdom render them especially fit to govern.
i love sushi!